Raise awareness and facilitate information exchange on bioenergy
GBEP’s awareness-raising and information management activities seek to increase the understanding of issues related to bioenergy development focusing on the following areas:
- Participation in relevant international conferences and meetings focused on bioenergy, and organization of specific GBEP events;
- Organization of an international media campaign to promote GBEP activities and of the extensive media coverage of the GBEP’s activities in print and online formats;
- Development of GBEP’s information material and update of the GBEP website so as to promote information sharing on bioenergy and on GBEP’s activities and programme of work.
- Implementation Guide for the GBEP Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy
This Guide has been developed to complement and enhance the first edition of The Global Bioenergy Partnership Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy, published in 2011. It includes guidance that is based on the implementation of the Global Bioenergy Partnership (GBEP) Sustainability Indicators in fourteen countries, spanning four continents. On the basis of the lessons learnt from this implementation of the GSI at national and local level, guidance has been provided on methodological and practical issues that were not addressed in the original report.
- IINAS-IFEU-GBEP - Attribution Paper
This paper provides basic information on the attribution issue, its potential implications, and gives recommendations for practical application. It aims to serve as input into the implementation guide on the GSI initiated by TFS but can also be used as an independent guidance document.
- IINAS for GBEP - Technical paper "SDG Implementation in selected Latin American and Caribbean countries and possibilities to link with the GBEP Sustainability Indicators"
This study aims to explore and better understand the interactions between the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the GBEP Sustainability Indicators (GSI) at the country level in selected Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) countries and Spain.
- IINAS and IFEU for GBEP - Technical paper "Linkages between the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the GBEP Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy (GSI)"
This Technical Paper was prepared to highlight the linkages between the SDGs and the GSIs and to determine how they may be mutually reinforcing.
- GBEP-IEA Bioenergy - Report "Examples of Positive Bioenergy and Water Relationships"
The report presents examples covering a wide range of geographic locations, feedstocks, bioenergy pathways and practices. The examples presented come from 11 countries across six continents: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Egypt, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Paraguay, South Africa and the United States of America.
- GIZ-GBEP - Towards Sustainable Modern Wood Energy Development
An overview of successful initiatives on solid biomass development in countries that rely heavily on traditional biomass as the main source of energy. The focus is on lessons learned from successful examples in terms of wood energy supply chains covering the sustainable production and use of wood energy for household and productive local uses in developing countries.
- The Global Bioenergy Partnership Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy
The report presents the 24 GBEP indicators of sustainability regarding the production and use of modern bioenergy, broadly defined. The indicators were developed by the Partners and Observers of GBEP and provide a framework for assessing the relationship between production and use of modern bioenergy and sustainable development.
- GBEP Common Methodological Framework for GHG Lifecycle Analysis of Bioenergy
A 10-step greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory framework, intended to guide policy makers and institutions when calculating GHG emissions from bioenergy and to enable life cycle assessments (LCA) of the GHG emissions of bioenergy, compared on an equal basis.
- A Review of the Current State of Bioenergy Development in G8 +5 Countries
The reference platform used to prepare the initial work of GBEP towards the sustainable development of bioenergy.
GBEP information material
- GBEP two-pager
Quick information about GBEP’s main activities during the current year
- GBEP Leaflet
GBEP’s history, vision and mission